Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Caffe Medici

Click on images for more information on Caffe Medici
The temperature has finally dropped here in Austin, we are down into the 70’s (40 degrees cooler than Summer).  I just had a wonderful weekend with one of my best girlfriends from Detroit, who came for a short visit.  The first thing we did after picking her up from the airport was.. head straight to downtown.  We had a little time to spare to prepare before a business meeting, so I thought I would show her one of my favorite coffee shops in Austin…. Caffé Medici! Ohhhhh how I love this place! There are three locations in Austin (one on Congress at the bottom of the Austonian, one on campus at 22nd and Guadalupe, and one on 12th at West Lyn). All of the Caffé Medici’s are fabulous, but I’m a downtown girl, so of course I’m a regular at the Congress location. The interior space definitely doesn’t resemble your run of the mill coffee shop.  It’s appropriate lofty style, two level, “industrial meets rustic” in the heart of a downtown WOWS every visitor…Caffé Medici is a great example showing that no space is left un-designed in Austin.

Beautiful interior to compliment the beautiful Barista creations
From the beautiful design on the interior to the unique designs of the espressos, this place takes it to the next level. Housing employees like Lorenzo Perkins, the 2010 Champion of the South Central Regional Barista Competition, makes it one of a kind! I enjoy the passion for art, craft and definitely design in Austin, it makes me want to keep discovering great places like Caffé Medici.
* Definite go to coffee shop when guest are in town
* Thank you CaffeMedici.com for some of the amazing photos
XO Patrice

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...